This is one of the better FPV camera drones in the under $300 price range. Very good stabilized video along with excellent flight range provides for very enjoyable and interesting flights. Find it here http://bit.ly/Fimi-A3 This is a QC101 keeper. It’s perfect for doing FPV exploring with my goggles.
– Highly accurate GPS/GLONASS system provides very stable hover. Automatic return to home and landing on command or on loss of signal from the controller.
– 1080p 30/25fps full HD camera records directly to microSD card.
– Two axis stabilized mechanical gimbal with three axis electronic image stabilization provides for very stable video.
– 5.8 Ghz analog FPV. Does NOT use or require a phone or WiFi. FPV viewing monitor is installed directly into the controller. Can also use 5.87Ghz anaol FPV racing goggles to receive FPV. A second separate DVR is built into the controller to also record FPV video to a microSD card.
– Advanced flight modes of follow me, orbit, dronie, and fixed wing.
– There is a second very accurate GPS system in the controller. This enables very accurate stabilized follow me capability. One of the better (if not best) follow me drones in this price range.
– 3S 2000mah LiHV battery provides extended flight times (I got close to 15 minutes using the provided LiPo charger).
– Available do it yourself port and controls enables you to attach optional remote controlled features to the drone (servo for parachutes, separate camera, fireworks launcher, etc…)
– 1080p camera. If you’ve been spoiled with 4K, you’ll definitely notice the difference in image quality.
– Does not return to home on low battery. Instead the drone will land directly under it’s position at low battery. As battery voltage decreases, make sure to bring the drone in close to you.
– I did not get anywhere close to the advertised 25 minutes of flight time (only got about 15 minutes). The LiHV battery can not be charged to its full voltage of 12.75 volts with the provided 12.6V max charge LiPo charger. This is safe and healthy for the longevity of the battery, but will not provide the full potential of possible flight time from this battery.
– The 5 position switch can be cumbersome to access the numerous features and parameters of the drone.
– The controller’s DVR kept stopping recording of FPV video.
– I think that the controller low voltage warning at the end of the flight is a bug in the controller’s software. I think that the controller instead meant to alert that the drone was low battery (instead of the controller). The controller still had plenty of voltage left (was showing almost full). But the drone was definitely depleted at that time.
Affiliate links: At no cost to you, I do receive a small commission for sales resulting from these links.
This video along with every video of the Quadcopter 101 channel was produced and edited with VSDC Free Video Editor. You may download this excellent, and no kidding “free” video editor here http://www.videosoftdev.com/free-video-editor
“Awel” by stefsax
is licensed under a Creative Commons license:
music was shortened to fit length of video.