Transport Canada has announced they are significantly changing fees for drone-related services like Registration and SFOCs as they introduce the new BVLOS elements. They are wanting feedback!!
Send your feedback by JUNE 20, 2021 to Transport Canada by email: TC.RPASRegulations-ReglementsSATP.TC@tc.gc.ca
(a summary of my 8 points is list a bit lower in this description)
The Transport Canada Fee Proposal document, and the BVLOS Proposal document it references are available here:
My video summarizing the BVLOS proposal is here: https://youtu.be/2Cn1naMFRq8
My response to their BVLOS proposal is here: https://youtu.be/JF4qBJNIbYk
Here is a summary of the 8 points I have sent to Transport Canada as feedback to the Fee Proposal document:
1. Leave the $5 registration fee as is for drones between 250g and 25Kg. Drones between 25kg and 150kg should have a higher registration fee of $500
2. Please confirm that existing Advanced Pilots will be grandfathered for the two new activities of localized BVLOS and flying heavier drones in VLOS conditions
3. Remove the new technical requirements for drones flying localized BVLOS
4. Foreign pilots should be permitted to complete pilot certifications without an SFOC
5. Flights over the current ceiling rules and flights near DND aerodromes should not require an SFOC. They should need only a NAV CANADA RPAS Flight Authorization
6. Low complexity SFOC applications should have a fee of $50, not $150 per application
7. High complexity SFOC applications should have a fee of $6000, not $2000 per application
8. The RPAS Operator Certificate should have a fee of $5000 every two years, instead of the proposed $250 one-time fee
A DonDronesOn production.
See all my favourite Drone and Camera products on Amazon:
Drone Pilot Canada is the app of choice for Canadian drone flyers! It provides the features you need to meet all the procedural requirements of the 2019 Canadian RPAS regulations.
Drone Pilot is available for purchase here:
Data can now be transferred between platforms but each platform (Apple or Android) requires a separate purchase. Videos are available on my channel, DonDronesOn.com, with demos and training for all capabilities in Drone Pilot Canada. Contact me at DonDronesOn@gmail.com with any questions or suggestions.
All my DonDronesOn Exam Study Guide PDFs and Soft Copy Log Books are available for purchase here:
Drone Study Guides
Please join the Drone Pilot Canada Exam and RPAS Regulation Discussion Group on Facebook. The group focuses on discussing information required to pass the basic and advanced exams and preparing for your flight review. The new 2019 Canadian drone regulations are also discussed in the group. The group supports flying in compliance with the 2019 Canadian RPAS regulations:
I use CyberLink PowerDirector 365 to edit my videos. PowerDirector now includes free access to Shutterstock stock footage! Here’s a referral link:
Choosing the right music for a video is important. I use music from Epidemic Sound. You can join Epidemic Sound from the link below and enjoy a free month:
#dronepilotcanada #dondroneson #canadiandronelaws