This very long flying GPS drone comes with a nice carrying case for the drone and its accessories. Find it here https://goo.gl/5Mjhx9
– Nice travel case to take your drone with you while traveling.
– Folds up to very compact size.
– GPS/GLONASS with automatic return to home and landing on command, lost signal, or low battery. The drone does very accurate return to home landings for a beginner’s drone.
– The drone has two levels of low battery return to home to protect beginner pilots. At 20% remaining battery power, the drone will return and limit the range of flight below 15 meters. At 10% remaining battery power, the drone will land at its takeoff point.
– 1080p camera with 120 degree wide angled lens.
– Good controller that includes telemetry on its built-in LCD screen.
– FPV and advanced flight modes of circle me, follow me, and waypoints all available through JJRC TST app available on Google Play here https://goo.gl/7njt26 and iTunes here https://goo.gl/dkjbs8
– 7.4V 900mah battery easily provides over 14 minutes flight time.
– Overall a very nice small GPS drone for beginner pilots.
– Uses 802.11ac WiFi for FPV and advanced flight modes. Not everyone has 802.11ac on their phones or tablets. It’s very important to first verify if your phone has 802.11ac WiFi before considering purchase.
– The drone automatically defaults to beginner geofence of 30 meters. You’ll need to manually turn off geofencing using the controller before you can venture further.
– No SD card to record video. 1080p video is instead recorded directly to your phone via WiFi. Expect usual WiFi lag, frozen video, and frame dropping.
– The battery gives plenty of flight time. But with that, the battery can take several hours to charge via microUSB cable.
– I couldn’t get the advanced features of follow me or waypoints to work with the drone.
– The app freezes when flown out of FPV range at about 150 meters. Once frozen, the app must be restarted to regain FPV and telemetry signal.
– Beginner geofence is easily turned off with the controller. However, if flown with the app only (no controller) geofence would always default back to 30 meters. I could not turn off the 30 meter geofence when flying with the app.
This video along with every video of the Quadcopter 101 channel was produced and edited with VSDC Free Video Editor. You may download this excellent, and no kidding “free” video editor here http://www.videosoftdev.com/free-video-editor
Affiliate links: At no cost to you, I do receive a small commission for sales resulting from these links.
“Awel” by stefsax
is licensed under a Creative Commons license:
music was shortened to fit length of video.