Uncertain about what to buy? Check out THE ULTIMATE FPV SHOPPING LIST: https://www.fpvknowitall.com/ultimate-fpv-shopping-list
SUPPORT ME ON PATREON at: http://bit.ly/2Ep5Sia
THIS IS MY FULL TIME JOB. Here are other ways that you can support me: https://www.fpvknowitall.com/support-me/
After you finish this build, here’s a link to the setup guide. It has two important changes you should make to this build, so at least watch the first few minutes of it. https://youtu.be/WMDED6j1-Ic
I receive a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you make a purchase after clicking one of the affiliate links below.
Buy the Five33 Switchback and Motors at:
* Five33 (USA) – https://flyfive33.com
* Five33 (EU) – https://flyfive33.eu/
Buy the Aikon F7 Mini HD at:
* RaceDayQuads – https://bit.ly/3um4OCM
* Pyro-Drone – https://bit.ly/3ehUI09
* Catalyst Machineworks – https://bit.ly/33g8gmL
* Banggood – https://bit.ly/3um7Bfe
Pyro’s and CMW’s listing for the Aikon F7 is the V3 version. I use the V2 version in the video, and there are some slight differences between them–specifically the way the 5v/10v solder bridge works. I’m including the links to the V3 just in case the V2 is out of stock and you decide to go with the V3.
Buy the Redux Air 32 bit ESC at:
* Redux Air – https://bit.ly/3elWAF4
* ThrottleUpUSA – https://bit.ly/3tm60oo
There are allmost no dealers for the Redux at this time; and the Redux may be out of stock for a while. A good alternative is the Aikon 20mm ESC (bonus: you won’t have to make a custom wire harness to go between FC and ESC if you get the Aikon).
Buy the Aikon AK32 ESC at:
* GetFPV – https://bit.ly/3enRacZ
* Pyro-Drone – https://bit.ly/3nSzNDX
* RaceDayQuads – https://bit.ly/3um68Wg
* Catalyst Machineworks – https://bit.ly/3ek3gUo
* Banggood – https://bit.ly/3tjHuUV
CMW links to the 35A ESC. Other links are to the 50A or 55A ESC. Obviously, I suggest the higher rated ESC if it’s available.
Buy the Runcam Racer Nano V2 at:
* RaceDayQuads – https://bit.ly/2ytNBQ1
* GetFPV – https://bit.ly/2R0cU2w
* NewBeeDrone – https://bit.ly/3o21cDT
* Amazon – https://amzn.to/3eV8wwJ
Buy the Ghost Hybrid at:
* GetFPV – https://bit.ly/3enRYP3
MANDATORY DISCLAIMER: I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
— TABLE OF CONTENTS —
0:00 – Intro and Disclosure
1:30 – The frame: Switchback Pro
2:20 – The motors: Five33 2207 with MR30 connector
4:46 – The ESC: Redux Air 32bit
6:16 – The FC: Aikon F7
7:21 – The camera: Runcam Racer Nano 2
7:44 – The receiver and vTX: Ghost Hybrid
8:51 – Frame assembly
https://youtu.be/Y7dsbWJ82lc – Evan’s build video for the Switchback Pro frame
14:50 – Install motors; install ESC; solder motors to ESC
18:38 – Solder XT60 lead
22:33 – Wire FC to ESC
25:08 – Mount FC
27:33 – Install the camera
28:40 – Smoke check!
https://youtu.be/f37FeWSYrmo – Why the ViFly Short-Saver is a pretty essential piece of kit.
29:25 – Wiring and mounting the Ghost Hybrid
Using Ghost to manage vTX: https://youtu.be/Kt9BYGWQ-z4
Complete Ghost setup video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7vONWbA_CM
34:29 – Final assembly
Betaflight setup video for this quad – https://youtu.be/WMDED6j1-Ic
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4692732/files – Thingiverse link for Switchback 3D prints