How to fly a drone in Tokyo Japan and avoid being arrested or fined. Flying drones in Tokyo is illegal and you need to obtain permission from the Japan Ministry of Land Infrastructure Transport and Tourism (MILT). It’s important know Japan drone laws rules and regulations. This is a Japan Drone Guide for Travelers coming to Tokyo.
More information on flying drones in Tokyo on my website below:
—- JAPAN DRONE LAWS AND REGULATIONS —-
– Must NOT fly above 150 meters (492 feet)
– Must NOT fly within 9 km of airports
– Must keep at least 30 meters (98 feet) away from people, buildings and vehicles
– Must NOT fly at night
– Must always maintain Visual Line of Sight (VLoS) when operating the drone
– Must NOT transport hazardous materials such as explosives on the drone
– Must NOT drop any objects from the drone
– Must NOT be flown in any of Metropolitan Tokyo’s 81 public parks and gardens
– Must NOT fly over densely populated areas like cities (4000 people per square kilometer or more)
– Must NOT fly over densely populated areas such as festivals and events
JAPAN DRONE FINES
If any of the rules above are violated, the drone operator is liable for fines up to a 500,000 JPY.
*Please note that the drone laws are always changing. This is not a definitive guide and you must check with the local authorities and the Japan Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism directly for the most up to date laws and regulations.
—– The MILT drone application consists of 10 parts —-
1. UAV flight Permit, Approval Application Form
2. Route of the flight
3. Manufacture, Name and Weight of UAV
4. Statement of Conformity about Function and Performance of UAV
5. Unmanned UAV
6. Additional Compatibility of UAV
7. List of Operators of UAV
8. Compatibility of operators of UAV based on the application
9. Additional Compatibility of operators of UAV
10. Flight Manual
*The application is in Japanese. I had to get help from Maiko.
—- My Drone Gear —-
—- Also check out my other drone videos —-
Repairing my DJI Mavic Pro with DJI Support
My top 5 DJI Mavic Accessories
Get my Tokyo & Japan Merch and show your support!
— Tokyo Zebra: My 2nd YouTube Channel —-
See My Life in Japan behind the scenes
Questions about Japan or Japan Travel? Get answers and chat with my Discord Community
— Channel Support —
Want to help SUPPORT my channel, buy me a BEER or Maiko and I DINNER? Thank you in advance!
– PayPal: https://www.paypal.me/paolofromtokyo
– Venmo: PaolofromTokyo (venmo.com/paolofromtokyo)
– Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/paolofromtokyo
– Bitcoin: 1AUZW1Emio4qtRiBir3EUDey1zi3ssoRsw
Join YouTube Channel Memberships
– Merch Store: https://tokyozebra.com/merch
—– Help with Subtitles / Closed Captioning —–
—– Business —–
Want me to feature your business in my video?
Want to send me stuff?
—– For more info about me —–
I’m from TOKYO JAPAN, I’ve been living here for a long time. I’ll be your Tokyo Travel Guide, taking you to the spots I love as well as showing you what to do all around Japan and maybe sometimes overseas. I’m also into Tech so you’ll see a few videos about my drone and other cool toys I discover. In short, the channel is all about what I Love, Japan, Food, Travel, Tech and most likely coming FROM-TOKYO, my home.
@paolofromtokyo – https://instagram.com/paolofromtokyo
@tokyo.zebra – https://instagram.com/tokyo.zebra
Tweets by PaolofromTOKYO
—– My Film Gear —–
(Affiliate Links Used – I may receive commission from products purchased)
– Main Camera
(USA Link) https://amzn.to/2GlSvyy
– Main Wide Lens
(USA Link) https://amzn.to/2o5B00B
(USA Link) https://amzn.to/30VtlPV
– Portable TriPod
(USA Link) https://amzn.to/2LKhM6e
(USA Link) https://amzn.to/2PYmjYA
– Drone (Original)
(USA Link) https://amzn.to/2K6qrAW
– For a complete list of my gear:
Access to Music in video: