Visit https://trust.pilotinstitute.com to get your TRUST certificate today.
Wanna learn the 9 things to do to fly your drone? https://youtu.be/oyE2x9B0CVA
Free training course for recreational pilots: https://pilotinstitute.com/course/recreational-flying-made-easy/
The FAA’s long-awaited Recreational UAS & Safety Test (TRUST) is finally available and the great news is that it’s FREE and only takes about 30 minutes. In this video, we’ll explain who the test is intended for, how to take it, and answer some frequently asked questions.
Looking for community guidelines? Check out https://ftca.flitetest.com/
00:34 Where to complete the TRUST training?
00:59 Who needs to complete TRUST?
01:44 Do Remote Pilots (Part 107) have to complete TRUST?
02:35 Which type of unmanned aircraft does this cover?
03:01 What does TRUST look like?
Our other courses
– Part 107 Made Easy: the most comprehensive ground school online. https://bit.ly/2AkRWq0
– Drone Business Made Easy: start your drone business with a solid foundation. https://bit.ly/3dVT55T
– Drone Flying 101: the perfect course for beginners. https://bit.ly/2XUy3Pc
– Drone Maneuvers Mastery: become a better pilot with these 50 maneuvers designed to improve your flying skills. https://bit.ly/3hkWkG3
– Cinematic FPV Drone From Scratch: build your own cinematic machine with this course. https://bit.ly/37oOfeG
Get Pilot Institute Gear
– T-shirt or Long Sleeve T: https://amzn.to/30CLtBw
– Polo shirt: https://kats-custom-embroidery-llc.myshopify.com/collections/pilot-institute-gear
TRUST is finally here
Effective today, The Recreational UAS Safety Test (TRUST) is available.
There are 3 great news:
It’s quick (30 minutes)
You can’t fail it
Where to get it Done
The FAA has approved a list of providers, including Pilot Institute
Check to see the TRUST logo to make sure the provider is approved.
Who needs it
Anyone flying for recreational purposes (49 USC 44809).
Regardless of weight: yes, even the Mini and over 55 lbs.
No minimum age.
Yes, Part 107 also need to do it if you plan to fly recreationally.
A UAS is a multicopter, fixed wing RC, helicopter RC
What does it consist of?
Course content: 30 minutes
4 quizzes throughout the training
A certificate of completion that you need to download/print and show the authorities.
You can’t redownload the certificate once it’s issued so don’t lose it.
How long is it valid for?
What if I lose my certificate?
What if I’m asked to pay for it?
Is my data kept?
Who do I show this to? FAA and Law Enforcement
Can I wait to do it until my registration is due?
Does it add more limitations to fly for recreational purposes?
Can you fly recreationally if you have a part 107 certificate?
My kid flies a sub-250g drone, does he/she need to do the test?
I belong to an AMA club, do I need to do this too?
What if I don’t take the exam and fly anyway?
Head over to trust.pilotinstitute.com today and complete the training, print your certificate and be good to go!