Companion article with full details at http://www.billnicholstv.com
Drone Pilot Ground School (The course I decided to enroll in) – BIG UPDATE they are offering $50 off to all my viewers!
Previously I published a video about the upcoming FAA Part 107 and Remote Pilot Certificate for UAS Operators.
As of yesterday, Aug. 29, 2016 the new Aeronautical Knowledge Test and certification process to allow you to operate your Drone (UAS) commercially is live!
What does this mean? The new rules are in effect, testing is available and you now have a well defined path toward being able to legally use your UAS for business.
Here are the high level requirements:
* You have to be at least 16 years old and have a valid government ID
* Make an appoint at a test center to take the knowledge test ( List of test centers ) the test fee is $150
* Pass the test
* Once your score is uploaded you can apply for your Remote Pilot Certificate
* Complete a TSA background check
* Receive your temporary Remote Pilot Certificate
Make available to the FAA, upon request, the small UAS for inspection or testing, and any associated documents/records required to be kept under the proposed rule.
* Report an accident to the FAA within 10 days of any operation that results in injury or property damage over $500.
* Conduct a preflight inspection, to include specific aircraft and control station systems checks, to ensure the small UAS is safe for operation.
The FAA has said that it expects you to spend about 20 hours studying for the test to be able to pass. The test is 60 questions, you need to get a 70% or higher to pass.
I enrolled at Drone Pilot Ground School to study for the particulars of the test and I am really impressed by their curriculum ( Link Here: http://bit.ly/2bIa9yx now $50 off! ) I think it is well worth it as I do not want to end up taking the test multiple times at $150 / test.
Let me know what you think of this video, if you like it, share it!
Today I walk through a basic workflow of how to work on images with both Lightroom and Photoshop.
Lightroom has a very easy “Edit in” function that allows you to open an image from lightroom in another editor, like Photoshop then bring that saved quickly back into Lightroom.
As always, let me know if you have any questions and thanks so much for watching today!
Gear used in the video:
Canon XC 10
Benro S8 Video Tripod Kit
Rode VideoMic Pro:
Subscribe to my channel and get the updates when I post a new video in this series.
Connect with me:
Please watch: “Tutorial action photo sequence in Adobe Photoshop – Free practice files to follow along how to”