This week in drone news, Airmap has lost the ability to provide LAANC authorizations, Brendan Schulman has left DJI to become a policy advisor at Boston Dynamics, Hamilton Ohio is trying to ban drones, and the Colorado UAS Round up.
00:45 DroneXL Segment (Airmap)
11:00 Brendan Schulman Leaves DJI
14:05 Hamilton OH banning drones?
15:22 Upcoming Industry Event
Free drone registration labels:
Our Other Channels
– PIXL Drone Show: drone-related podcast, posts every Tuesday morning. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbeSmbjvE0etKry8Nk2n0CQ
– Pilot Institute Airplane: our airplane channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIgBjGoM-yn_3bH8Qr9xkXA
– Part 107 Made Easy: the most comprehensive ground school online. https://bit.ly/2AkRWq0
– Drone Business Made Easy: start your drone business with a solid foundation. https://bit.ly/3dVT55T
– Drone Flying 101: the perfect course for beginners. https://bit.ly/2XUy3Pc
– Drone Maneuvers Mastery: become a better pilot with these 50 maneuvers designed to improve your flying skills. https://bit.ly/3hkWkG3
– Cinematic FPV Drone From Scratch: build your own cinematic machine with this course. https://bit.ly/37oOfeG
Get Pilot Institute Gear
– T-shirt or Long Sleeve T: https://amzn.to/30CLtBw
– Polo shirt: https://kats-custom-embroidery-llc.myshopify.com/collections/pilot-institute-gear
Brendan Schulman has departed DJI.
He will be starting as Vice President of Policy & Government Relations with Boston Dynamics.
Brendan was a champion for fair drone policies, safety, and improving the flying experience for all.
Schulman was a large proponent pushing against the federal ban on Chinese drones and instead pushed for universal security standards.
This ordinance from Hamilton Ohio would make the use of sUAS illegal for activities such as
Flying over property without the owner’s consent
Flying near or over crime scenes
Any use for surveillance
Any flights over public/city property such as parks, schools, or municipal buildings
And to ban the use of machines in “a manner that recklessly endangers persons, wildlife, or property or in a manner that harasses, disturbs, intimidates, annoys or threatens persons”
Colorado UAS Round-up
The Colorado UAS round-up will be October 17th and 18th in Buena Vista Colorado
The conference will include demonstrations, drone flying, regulation updates, BVLOS, and other emerging technologies
How to use NIST video as part of DroneSafety Awareness Week at 4pm today Friday.