Want to fly in the EU in 2021 onwards ?
Each country has its own rules so see here:
Want a EASA FREE Remote Pilot Certificate ?
You may need to search the eurocontrol website for the drone A3 / A1 course they keep changing the linky
Dead easy go here:
They broke the linky so new one
Cypriot equivalent — the site is in English, it takes 5 minutes to register (you just need to upload a utility bill and a copy of your passport and insert your insurance policy number). The only restriction is a weird one which says your first flight must be in Cyprus, which is impossible to verify. What’s more it only costs 15 euros, whereas the Irish equivalent is 30.
Use the Ireland way:-
1. Setup an account with the IAA ( https://iaa.mysrs.ie ). This process is a little convoluted but essentially involves;
– input name and email
– Activate account through link in email sent to you by MYSRS.
– Input details, address etc and upload ID (Passport, drivers licence etc). The IAA will then manually verify your details which can take up to 48hrs.
A Little trick here is to use a passport as your ID, rather than a drivers licence. Passports do not have postal addresses and so there is no address to compare with the address you provide. If the address on an ID is different from the details you provide, this can hold up the process.
– Once account is verified, you will receive an email and you will be asked to setup a 2FA system.
– Account is then ready.
2. Register as an operator within MYSRS account. Affix registration number to all drones.
3. Complete A1/A3 Remote Pilot course within MYSRS account. (SHort video and 40 multiple choice questions).
4. Done and print anything as required
Get Cards Printed here: