5 Reasons You Should Get a Part 107 Drone License – You'll LOVE Reason #5 – FAA Certification!

5 Reasons You Should Get a Part 107 Drone License – You'll LOVE Reason #5 – FAA Certification!

5 Reasons You Should Get a Part 107 Drone License and FAA Certification – Even if You don’t Sell Your Photos


Watch this video for five reasons why you should get a Part 107 Certification – also called a Part 107 License – to fly your drone, even if you don’t plan to sell your photos or video. If my first four reasons don’t convince you Reason #5 will, so be sure to watch the video through to see how an FAA certification as a drone pilot will benefit you.

Check out the map to see controlled airspace in your area:


This video applies to people who fly any aerial photography drone:

DJI Inspire
DJI Phantom
DJI Mavic
DJI Spark
Yuneec Typhoon H
Yuneec Q500 4K
Autel X-Star

Or any other camera drone.



Get a discount on everything you buy from acesdeals.biz! Use this coupon code:

coupon code: jslap

If you use the code to purchase a drone, acesdeals.biz will also make a contribution to this channel, which will help me to pay for more videos in the future.


NEW! Facebook group for my subscribers – follow this link and sign up! https://www.facebook.com/groups/207962269731489/


I will release more videos for owners of Autel Robotics X-Star Premium, DJI Phantom, Mavic and Spark Drones, and Yuneec Q500 4K and Typhoon H drones. Subscribe to this channel so you will be notified when they are posted.



Additional videos for drone owners include:

Yuneec CGO3 / CGO3+ Cameras for Typhoon H and Q500 4K

How to Fly the DJI Phantom, Yuneec Q500 4K, Typhoon H and Other Drones – Complete Playlist

How to edit Drone Footage with Cyberlink PowerDirector 16 Video Editor – Complete Playlist


Copyright information:

Music, Photos and Video:
Obtained from audioblocks.com, videoblocks.com and storyblocks.com as part of my paid subscriptions.


Be sure to visit my NEW site – Land and Air Photos.com – http://www.landandairphotos.com

And of course my original website Family Travel Photos.com – http://www.familytravelphotos.com/

5 Reasons You Should Get a Part 107 Drone License and FAA Certification – Even if You don’t Sell Your Photos


  1. Jet Martin on July 10, 2021 at 11:43 pm

    Your video states (or at least seems to imply) that all of those areas in orange in North Texas are areas where recreational fly can NOT fly at any time at any height. Is that really true. How does the website for maps that you provided compare with the official FAA maps (https://faa.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=9c2e4406710048e19806ebf6a06754ad ) . The link to the map that you provided shows that I couldn’t fly in many locations in San Diego (where I live) as a recreational flyer but the official FAA map shows a VERY different picture on the restrictions. Is the link to the map you referenced by chance created by companies that promote and sell getting your Part 107 license. Hmmm?

  2. Arnelle de Guzman on July 10, 2021 at 11:44 pm

    Great video thank you

  3. david hollman on July 10, 2021 at 11:45 pm

    Is this just for drones or all rc aircraft?

  4. Dr. Ronald Clark on July 10, 2021 at 11:46 pm

    This a year old now. Things have changed. FAA333 pilots are just fine as long as they use the Airmap app. I recommend 107 pilots use it as well and can get their flight plan issued faster with it. As far as making personal photo ops and needing the 107, no. It is only needed if you use photos or video "in the furthering of a business" and that is that. It is like getting a DOT license for the average driver. Reviewing FAA rules and looking at the 107 info should be more than enough for 333 fliers. noting to them that breaking the rules will get you large fines and possible jail time should be enough to stop them. I am a real pilot and do not want to hit a drone while in the air. But too many restrictions is just that too many. Our world is worried about being ill or hurting this or that to the point freedom is not really freedom any more as is. After my rant on continuous restrictions, yes 107 is better but most will not file any way if they think they wont get caught. We need to have an instruction booklet published by the FAA for Form333 that has the 107 info in it to download for free to ALL drone pilots when they file for a N number and pay the $5 fee.

  5. JJMLDA Squad on July 10, 2021 at 11:50 pm

    Thank you ill buy it now !

  6. Steven Bingham on July 10, 2021 at 11:51 pm

    Now this is a true American!! Sharing helpful information for the benefit of all without trying to make a dollar!!

  7. Sherlock Holmes on July 10, 2021 at 11:52 pm

    5 Reasons you shouldn’t…

    1.Plausible denial

    2. Plausible Denial

    3. They can’t take away a license that you don’t have!

    4. Plausible Denial

    5. I didn’t Know

  8. KV4 ATV on July 10, 2021 at 11:52 pm

    Went to the app.airspace.io site. Created an account. Over a half hour and still No email to activate the account so people can log in. What’s up with it?

  9. Scott on July 10, 2021 at 11:53 pm

    Definitely one of the top videos on clear cut information about the 107. Thanks very much. I’ll be sharing the video to my page.

  10. Joe Hogan on July 10, 2021 at 11:54 pm

    Thank you for the information Jeff. God bless brother. 👍

  11. JJMLDA Squad on July 10, 2021 at 11:57 pm

    I’m getting ready to study for my part 107 thanks for the encouragement .

  12. Aleks Mark Aerial Videos gr on July 10, 2021 at 11:58 pm

    im sour to like it

  13. Airwolf on July 10, 2021 at 11:59 pm

    Those airstrips and airports that are not Class B, C, or D are actually Class G (NOT CLASS E as you state at 6:55) unless they lie within the Class B, C or D airspace which is possible but not likely with ALL those airstrips and non towered airports across the country. I live within 1.5 miles of an uncontrolled towerless airport. It’s a private paved runway with hangers and fuel. It is Class G, not Class E and you don’t need permission to fly there. It is ADVISED (as stated in the AC (Advisory Circular) for hobby rules) that the hobby pilot contact the manager or tower of any Class G or D airport or airstrip if flying within 5 miles of said airport or airstrip. In fact, the hobbyist doesn’t even have to have a response. It’s more of a notification. If they say no then you can’t but most likely, in my experience, the person I talk to (if I get someone) advises me to wait for a certain time to clear the air. But most of the time for these small uncontrolled airports and airstrips you can just leave a message.

    Class G airspace is free to fly in. Class E airspace also never goes to the surface unless it’s as an "apron" around a CONTROLLED airport in Class B, C or G. Class E is usually from 700AGL to 1200AGL if not at the surface. And Part 107 fliers DO need an airspace authorization to fly in Class E and you will likely not get one since there really is no reason for 90% of all commercial UAS missions. Part 107 fliers MUST obtain an authorization from the FAA in order to fly in ANY class airspace other than G.

    Technically hobby flyers can fly at any Class G air space. In fact, in reality you don’t even have to notify the controlling tower or manager. That’s an advisory. But it is highly recommended and you could be sited if you are involved in an incident on flight within 5 miles of an airstrip if something happened and you didn’t notify the airport. It’s kind of like using your blinker to signal you are turning right.

    Also, since we are encouraging Part 107 licensing here, according the FAA rules, Part 107 falls under the same drug and substance use as manned aircraft pilots. So legal alcohol content can not be more than .04! That’s right! Half that of driving your car. So be careful and get licensed.

  14. annastayziaa on July 11, 2021 at 12:00 am

    thank you, this is helpful!!

  15. JoeDoe_ Outdoors on July 11, 2021 at 12:00 am

    Hei I really enjoy your page ☺ Keep it up!

  16. Rod Brown on July 11, 2021 at 12:02 am

    Does this still apply in 2020?

  17. ohbogey on July 11, 2021 at 12:03 am

    Great vid! I just added the airmap app on my phone!

  18. John_K on July 11, 2021 at 12:04 am

    Great video. Thanks for the info

  19. Aleks Mark Aerial Videos gr on July 11, 2021 at 12:04 am

    m i send you 1 videos

  20. Joeteck on July 11, 2021 at 12:04 am

    Can a commercial drone pilot fly out visual site of their drone?

  21. David Velen on July 11, 2021 at 12:04 am

    Great video Jeff thank you for posting, I am taking a course on line now to prepare for my part 107 exam.

  22. THOMAS KING on July 11, 2021 at 12:06 am

    Thank You, you bring up some good points but i have been flying RC aircraft for more than 40 years never had a problem because I always fly with the utmost safety in mind at all time. so I guess my question is do I really need to get the 107 it is very expensive and don.t think its worth the headache. But i would like to be able to fly in areas close to natl. parks when i go on my family trips hikes and have the ship follow us. Note I have a Typhoon H and your video reviews were one of the reasons i got it. How would i even start the 107 process if i decide to.

  23. Show Me The Water on July 11, 2021 at 12:09 am

    Nicely done ….i was leaning towards 107, now I’m convinced

  24. Jeff Sibelius on July 11, 2021 at 12:09 am

    Watch this video for five reasons why you should get a Part 107 Certification – also called a Part 107 License – to fly your drone, even if you don’t plan to sell your photos or video. If my first four reasons don’t convince you Reason #5 will, so be sure to watch the video through to see how an FAA certification as a drone pilot will benefit you.

  25. John I on July 11, 2021 at 12:13 am

    Just ordered a Spark after getting the bug after flying a tiny Hubsan x4 107D and C (pretty much bugs in their own right haha). Last thing I researched was where I could fly. How depressing. I was literally ready to send it back and it hasn’t even gotten here yet. Not worth the hassle. Today I found your video and happy to say I will keep the drone but I will get my 107. Thank you for putting this info out there. I saw a couple other videos about studying for the test but none explained why I’d want one in the first place so thanks again.

  26. Built4Anything on July 11, 2021 at 12:13 am

    Sold! Time to get my part 107!! Thank you for the insight!

  27. Aleks Mark Aerial Videos gr on July 11, 2021 at 12:14 am

    good week from greece

  28. Rick S on July 11, 2021 at 12:18 am

    So I’m new to the drone world and trying to understand the 107. If I’m understanding this correctly, where I currently live I have 3 orange circles over my house, which means as a hobbyist I’m required to notify those 3 farm airports every time I fly, but if I get the 107 I’m not required to notify? They don’t have control towers, and getting them on the phone is difficult.

  29. Rosepetal Drone on July 11, 2021 at 12:19 am

    And if you get a part 107 license. And I come along and do it for free cuz I got all day.

  30. JJMLDA Squad on July 11, 2021 at 12:21 am

    There’s a college course for around $500 there’s videos on YouTube that I took a look at and I have the reading material I was thinking using my reading material and watching the videos from other part 107 What do you think about that idea to get my license .

  31. Aleks Mark Aerial Videos gr on July 11, 2021 at 12:21 am

    creat video sier jeff

  32. JJMLDA Squad on July 11, 2021 at 12:22 am

    Ok i’ll take it thank you

  33. chillimocha on July 11, 2021 at 12:23 am

    Great video Jeff. Here in Australia it’s expensive to get your certification.

  34. steby123 on July 11, 2021 at 12:25 am

    Run in circles scream and shout!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I only fly in my church’s gymnasium.

  35. Greg Lupinski on July 11, 2021 at 12:27 am

    Thank you sir! I’d love to share out this video if you don’t mind. Unfortunately too many people don’t understand what you have so succinctly stated with the reasons why. I wish folks would watch this video for a better understanding. I believe that the FAA and others will start to enforce with more vigor, the folks on the fringe who can give others a bad name.

  36. Benjamin Stephens on July 11, 2021 at 12:27 am

    Video’s like your’s give people like me more hope and an eye on opportunity and more enjoyment of my aircraft.

  37. Robert Hicks on July 11, 2021 at 12:29 am

    Great video Jeff. As a new drone pilot I was trying to decide if I should go for the 107 cert or not. You helped me make up my mind, thanks for your time and efforts and valuable information.

  38. Rob Dodge on July 11, 2021 at 12:33 am


  39. Bobster986 on July 11, 2021 at 12:37 am

    I think you can only write off the cost of your drone if you have a business, not because you are certified.

  40. Robert Hawtin on July 11, 2021 at 12:37 am

    Hi Jeff. Long comment. I understand where you are going with this, and basically it’s a good concept. But, I’m going to point out something that seems to get frequently overlooked. You Tube is global. You, and many, many other US posters have an audience and subscribers outside the USA. Things are different elsewhere. Part 107 applies to the United States and the States only. You need to recognise this up front. If you were to research the UK Civil Aviation Authority requirements for commercial drone flying for example you will find that they are a LOT more stringent than your part 107. In particular our CAP 702 requires a unique and very comprehensive Operations Manual to be produced and maintained for each operating business. You’ve got it easy. I think you are also able to fly below tiered controlled airspace rather more easily than we are. Some individual commercial drone flights themselves in the UK may also require a comprehensive safety and risk analysis to be documented and submitted to our CAA for approval prior to the flight – who, I suspect, are getting badly overloaded. Given the different regulations around the planet you need to be very careful that you do not mislead others. Your proposed approach for recreational pilots simply will not work her in the UK, and probably Europe and maybe Canada. A US style 107 exam, but for our for recreational pilots though would be a good thing, but the full on commercial requirements approach here is not. Do keep up the good work though. If there are factual errors, which some viewers are indicating below, correct them, or point out if they are wrong. It’s helpful for all of us to understand each others envirionments. One good thing, we all seem to use the same language to describe various types of controlled airspace, even if the US, Europe and the Middle East use feet to describe height whilst the Far East use metres. BobUK.

  41. Marc Altinawi on July 11, 2021 at 12:38 am

    Wow man thank you you video helped me I have 200 drone videos I’ve saved and watched and not one has told me that i can’t take videos of businesses and even Donate them to the person ahh I’m studying for my 107 I guess it’s time to put the peddle to the metal thank you

  42. Aleks Mark Aerial Videos gr on July 11, 2021 at 12:42 am

    thank you sir jeff

  43. Chad Gilmore on July 11, 2021 at 12:42 am

    I live in Australia and there isn’t airports around like that the biggest one is the Tullamarine airport and small airports around it I live 60km away from them do I still have too get this Certificate?

Leave a Comment