4K drone: freestyle skiing, winter hiking, ski touring, and ski mountaineering in Lapland, Finland.
📹 All the videos and music have been licensed for our production and publication.
✔️ Subscribe: http://bit.ly/explorer789
▶️ Playlist: http://bit.ly/exp789play
📘 Facebook: https://fb.com/Exp789
🐦 Twitter: https://twitter.com/Exp789
📷 Instagram: https://instagr.am/Exp789dotcom
📌 Pinterest: https://pinterest.com/exp789
🌎 Website: http://Explorer789.com
📧 Contact: Explorer789official@gmail.com
● Freestyle skiing – Freestyle skiing is a skiing discipline comprising aerials, moguls, cross, half-pipe, and slopestyle as part of the Winter Olympics. It can consist of a skier performing aerial flips and spins, or sliding rails and boxes on their skis. It is also commonly referred to as freeskiing, jibbing, and many other names around the world.
● Downhill skiing – Downhill is a form of alpine skiing competition. Whereas other alpine skiing events, slalom, giant slalom, super giant slalom, and combined emphasize turning and technique, downhill emphasizes “the six components of technique, courage, speed, risk, physical condition, and judgment”. The term, “downhill skiing,” is also used as a synonym for alpine skiing as a recreational activity.
● Cross-country skiing – Cross-country skiing is a form of skiing where skiers rely on their own locomotion to move across snow-covered terrain, rather than using ski lifts or other forms of assistance. Cross-country skiing is widely practiced as a sport and recreational activity; however, some still use it as a means of transportation. Variants of cross-country skiing are adapted to a range of terrain which spans unimproved, sometimes mountainous terrain to groomed courses that are specifically designed for the sport.
Modern cross-country skiing is similar to the original form of skiing, from which all skiing disciplines evolved, including alpine skiing, ski jumping, and Telemark skiing. Skiers propel themselves either by striding forward (classic style) or side-to-side in a skating motion (skate skiing), aided by arms pushing on ski poles against the snow. It is practiced in regions with snow-covered landscapes, including Northern Europe, Canada, Russia and areas in the United States. Competitive cross-country skiing is one of the Nordic skiing sports. Cross-country skiing and rifle marksmanship are the two components of biathlon, ski-orienteering is a form of cross-country skiing, which includes map navigation along snow trails and tracks.
● Ski touring – Ski touring takes place off-piste and outside of ski resorts. Tours may extend over multiple days. Typically, skis, bindings, and boots allow for free movement of the heel to enable a walking pace, as with Nordic disciplines and unlike Alpine skiing. Ski touring’s subgenre ski mountaineering involves independently navigating and route finding through potential avalanche terrain and often requires familiarity with meteorology along with skiing skills. Ski touring can be faster and easier than summer hiking in some terrain, allowing for traverses and ascents that would be harder in the summer. Skis can also be used to access backcountry alpine climbing routes when snow is off the technical route, but still covers the hiking trail.
● Ski mountaineering – Ski mountaineering (briefly, skimo) is a skiing discipline that involves climbing mountains either on skis or carrying them, depending on the steepness of the ascent, and then descending on skis. The discipline may be practiced recreationally or as a competitive sport.
🎵 Anyway — LED Monster feat. G Curtis
🎵 Starfields — Hallman
🎵 Revive (Hallman Remix) — Sture Zetterberg feat. Sigrid Spångberg
🎵 Turn Up The Love — Otto Wallgren feat. Stina Sundström
#ski #hiking #drone
Source of info: https://www.wikipedia.org/ under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike License 3.0 https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/